Hello everyone! It has been a while! (I've been busy with school and work :( ) But I have come back, with illustrations as promised! I have worked very hard and decided to make not one, not two, but 11 illustrations! Not all will be posted in one blog of course, you've got to come back later this week to see the rest.
As you may have seen on my Instagram, I have posted the collage below stating that I would be illustrating a piece inspired by this cut out and colour block theme. I had also asked people to vote for either a dress or an outfit. I enjoy seeing the funky designs that people come up with and either displayed on the runway or show up on my tumblr etc.
The first design involves a one sleeve top with a diamond patterned peplum along with side seam and back cut outs with a diamond 'netting'. The same can be found in the pants in diagonal panels along the thigh side seams. The diamond patterned print can be found on the welt pockets. I chose an all white theme because (a) I couldn't choose a colour and (b) because it gives the outfit a clean and polished look.
The second design is actually a set of two! This dress is a fit and flare with a mermaid style skirt and a large slit in the front. The far two dresses are the same dress with the diagonal cut outs in the front of the bodice. I enjoyed the look of the dress with the large straps enough to want to see what it looked like without and ended up with the far right dress! The middle dress has an open back feature that would suit the left style of dress but I'm sure with a bit more fabric (nude or coloured) it could work with the right dress as well. The middle dress also features a layered mermaid skirt.
Be inspirational!
Cecile



No comments:
Post a Comment